Our Family

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 2, 2013

July 30, 2012

Kai was born July 30, 2012 at 6:07am. He weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. It was the most perfect thing when he came into this world!! A little about my labor... on sunday we did our regular schedule, got up and went to church, came home and relaxed a little bit. I don't remember what I was getting up for, I'm thinking it was to get us some ice cream (haha) but as soon as I got up I felt like I peed my pants! I went to the bathroom to check it out and decided that it wasn't pee.. MY WATER BROKE! Even though it was a week before my due date I had a bag packed and I was ready to go. So we got in the car and headed to the hospital. We got in and they did some test and stuff to make sure it was amniotic fluid and to see if I was ready to have the baby. It was about an hour until we got officially admitted, which was about 7 or 8 pm on Sunday night. We waited and waited, but nothing happened, I wasn't even having contractions! So they gave me pitocin to speed it up. Shortly after that I was getting contractions, got an epidural, rested for a little while, and then we were ready! When the nurse came in and told me I was at 9cm I didn't know what to think except for it's too late now, I gotta push this baby out!! As I was pushing Koko kept asking me if I was ok?! ...seriously?! ha ha why would you ask a woman that who is going through child birth at that moment!? I told him to stop asking me that because I didn't know how to answer it! What a sweetheart for caring though. So before you know it out came our sweet boy KAI! His cry was wonderful!










No comments:

Post a Comment